I imagine attending the Oscars is kind of like high school prom with a few slight differences:
- Everybody is famous.
- The gowns are not purchased from a bridal shop or mini mall.
- The after party doesn’t involve sweat pants and inflatable games in the high school gym.
You might be thinking that prom and the Oscars actually have nothing in common. But you’re wrong, and here’s why:
- There’s always at least one person in a super slutty dress. This year it was Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville.
- Something terrible/cringeworthy/embarrassing happens to somebody. This year it was Jennifer Lawrence taking a tumble.
- There’s always that person who you question if they even showered before the event. Almost every year this is Helena Bonham Carter. She pretty much always looks scary to me… but maybe it’s because I see her as Bellatrix Lestrange. Harry Potter for life.